SECRET SERVICE MENU 6kHz TRANSMIT BANDWIDTH MOD:
Note: This mod is required to achieve the full transmit response of the 950SDX.
Turn off the 950SDX.
Turn on the 950SDX while pressing and holding the "Fine" button.
- Press the "MENU" button and turn the "M.CH/VFO.CH" until Menu 21 is displayed.
- Press the "UP" button until the Selection of "OFF" is displayed.
- Press the "MENU" button again to return to regular radio operation.
This new selection will stay there unless you do a Master Reset, or turn on the rig again while holding the FINE button.
Note: With MENU 21 in the "OFF" selection, the AM Mode will not transmit a carrier! You will need
to return MENU 21 selection to something other then "OFF" when in the AM Mode.
ADDITIONAL MENU SETTINGS TO COMPLETE THE 6K TX MOD:
- Turn OFF the SDX.
- Turn the SDX ON.
- Press the ‘MENU’ button.
- Turn the ‘M.CH/VFO.CH knob to change the Menu selection.
- Press the ‘DOWN’ & ‘UP’ buttons to change the following selections:
Menu 06 – Stereo = off
Menu 18 – dsp.cFil = off (this is the SSB Comb Filter)
Menu 19 – dsp.r.LPF = 6000 (this is the Receive Low Pass Filter)
Menu 20 – dsp.t.HPF = off (this is the Transmit High Pass Filter)
Menu 21 – dsp.t.LPF = off (this is the Transmit Low Pass Filter)
- Press the ‘MENU’ button to exit and save the settings.
The above mod was made available by W3JK and is also available on the WZ5Q website at the following URL: